One of the three women who have accused Manchester United Antony of assault, claims she was attacked when visiting him on a business trip and was told by a member of his entourage to keep quiet.
Antony is being investigated by police in Sao Paulo and Manchester after his ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin accused him of assaulting her on four occasions.
Two further women — Rayssa de Freitas and Ingrid Lana — made further accusations in the Brazilian media on Thursday, with Antony denying the allegations made by all three women.
Lana, 33, has given an interview to Brazilian broadcaster Record TV in which, as per the Athletic, she claims to have been ‘tricked’ by Antony after proposing she worked for him to manage his finances.
She claims she had known the United player for a few years beforehand, and was invited to England in September 2022 for a ‘business trip’.
Manchester United winger Antony has hit back at an assault allegation made by Ingrid Lana
The Brazil and Manchester United winger published four screengrabs of a conversation – supposedly with Lana – as he hit back at her accusations
In another Instagram post, Antony wrote: ‘I don’t want to but I’m being forced to publish a small part of the WhatsApp conversations with Ingrid, which demonstrates that we only had a single meeting, intimate and consensual. ‘This matter with this fraudster will be resolved in court!!’
Lana alleges the 23-year-old knocked on her door at 2am, the morning before a United fixture, grabbed her, pushed her against a wall and tried to kiss her. Antony claims the encounter was consensual.
She adds that a member of Antony’s entourage, advised her to keep it to herself, as to not damage his reputation ahead of the World Cup.
After he is said to have knocked on her door at 2am, he is alleged to have said he hurt his toe, to which she claims to have asked why he didn’t ask the United staff to put dressing on it.
Lana added: ‘He said, ‘I want to talk about the (business proposal)’. I said, ‘Sure, but I don’t think it’s the right time, Antony’. He said, ‘No, just quickly, because tomorrow I have a game and I won’t have time to speak with you. You’ll only be able to speak to Emerson (Antony’s brother)’. I let him enter, the door remained open, and he tried to kiss me.
‘I said, ‘No,’ and he grabbed me. He pushed me against the wall and I banged my head. He said, ‘It will be really quick, come on, stop complaining because you want it too’. He said that before pushing me. ‘You want it too, it will be quick, stop that.’
‘I found it strange. I said, ‘This isn’t the person I know. I didn’t come for that’. That’s when he said sorry. I crouched down, my eyes filled with tears. I said, ‘You changed. What’s happening?’ He said, ‘Forgive me,’ and he left the room.’
‘The next day, I already wanted to go home. I thought, ‘I don’t deserve this. I don’t accept this situation. Did I study for nearly eight years of my life for this? No. And I left’.
When asked if she thought she was tricked by Antony, Lana said: ‘I think so.’
The DJ and influencer Gabriela Cavallin has made several allegations against Man United star
Lana added that their relationship changed as she ‘felt used’ and when asking a member of his entourage asked her to ‘keep quiet’.
A statement from Antony to Record TV on Sunday read: ‘When she went to Portugal for her cousin’s birthday, I asked her to come and meet me in Manchester, with the clear intention that it we would meet intimately. She even asked me whether I preferred red or white lingerie. I booked her flight and reserved a hotel for her. I met her at the hotel in question.
‘We had an intimate, consensual encounter. Despite her insisting that we meet again for another intimate encounter, my schedule meant I couldn’t see her again before she returned to Brazil. I have not met with her since then.
‘All of what I say is indubitably backed up by our messages, which I’m only not publishing in full in order to preserve the right to privacy. However, I will make them available to the authorities if that’s what is required to prove my innocence.
United announced on Sunday that Antony will stay away from the club until further notice. He has not been suspended but placed on a leave of absence on full pay to give him time to defend himself against the claims.
Antony took to his Instagram account on Sunday night with a series of posts, including four screenshots of WhatsApp conversations, allegedly with Lana.
He also wrote: ‘I don’t want to but I’m being forced to publish a small part of the WhatsApp conversations with Ingrid, which demonstrates that we only had a single meeting, intimate and consensual.
‘This matter with this fraudster will be resolved in court!!’
In one of the messages, the person messaging Antony tells him ‘if you want I’ll wait in bed naked’.
In another Antony is upset the person has taken screenshots of their conversations, saying ‘I don’t find it cool, so please delete it.’
Cavallin filed a police report in Brazil in June and then spoke out during a television interview
Antony is facing allegations of domestic abuse but has not been arrested or charged and has maintained he has done nothing wrong
Brazil dropped Antony from their squad for their World Cup qualifiers against Bolivia and Peru
United’s decision, which follows discussions between chief executive Richard Arnold and manager Erik ten Hag, comes in the wake of Brazil’s decision to drop Antony from their squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Bolivia and Peru on Monday night.
A statement read: ‘Manchester United acknowledges the allegations made against Antony. Players who have not participated in international matches are due back in training on Monday.
‘However, it has been agreed with Antony that he will delay his return until further notice in order to address the allegations.
‘As a club we condemn acts of violence and abuse. We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation, and acknowledge the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse.’
The player said: ‘I have agreed with Manchester United to take a period of absence while I address the allegations made against me.
‘This was a mutual decision to avoid distraction to my teammates and unnecessary controversy for the club.
‘I want to reiterate my innocence of the things I have been accused of, and I will fully cooperate with the police to help them reach the truth. I look forward to returning to play as soon as possible.’