ICC T20 Rankings – SuryaKumar Yadav ICC Ranking, ready to be crowned World No. 1 T20 Batsman: India batter Suryakumar Yadav is all…
ICC T20 Rankings – SuryaKumar Yadav ICC Ranking, ready to be crowned World No. 1 T20 Batsman: India batter Suryakumar Yadav is all set to push Pakistan’s Mohammed Rizwan down in ICC T20 rankings for batters. After his SUPER-SHOW with bat in 1st & 2nd T20 vs South Africa – SKY in all likelihood is set to be crowned World’s NO. 1 T20 Batter when the rankings get updated next. Follow IND vs SA & ICC T20 World CUP Live Updates with InsideSport.IN.
IND vs SA Highlights: David Miller’s CENTURY in vain, SUPERB India clinch series 2-0 with 16-run win, Watch IND SA…
IND vs SA Highlights: Suryakumar Yadav lights up Guwahati SKY with fireworks, Watch…
Why Surya can push Rizwan down? On Sunday Surya scored 18 ball half-century, while Rizwan was out for just 1 in 7th T20 vs visiting England side. Earlier in the 1st T20 as well Surya scored a magnificent 31 ball 50, while Rizwan sat out of 6th T20 match vs England.
Earlier after scoring a powerful 69 against Australia in the third T20I, Yadav for the first time breached 800 points in the rankings.
Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter Mohammad Rizwan is currently at the top. Rizwan now has 861 points.
ICC T20 Rankings: Top 5 Batters – as on Sunday 02 October 2022 (Note: New Rankings will be Released on Monday)
- Mohammad Rizwan
- Suryakumar Yadav
- Babar Azam
- Aiden Markram
- Aaron Finch
ICC T20 Rankings: Suryakumar Yadav moves to second spot in ICC Rankings after blitz against Australia, Mohammad Rizwan extends lead at the top – Check Out
ICC T20 Rankings: Suryakumar Yadav eyes the number one spot (Status after LAST Rankings Release on 28th SEP)
- After storming into number two in the ICC T20I Rankings for batters, Suryakumar now eyes the number one spot in ICC Rankings.
- He currently is 60 points adrift of Rizwan, but Yadav has three T20Is to play against South Africa.
- A good T20 series against the Temba Bavuma-led side will propel India’s Mr 360 to the number one ranking.
- The right-hand batter scored 69 against Australia in the third T20I and has momentum.
- On the other hand, Rizwan has three more matches to go against England. He currently is the leading run-getter with 252 runs from four games.
- If Rizwan continues his purple patch, then the wicketkeeper batter will stay at the top of the ICC Rankings.
Rohit Sharma jokes about Suryakumar Yadav’s purple patch: Thinking of not playing him until October 23
SKY produced a scintillating knock in the 2nd T20I against South Africa.
- He smashed the ball around the park to score an 18-ball half-century in Guwahati.
- Surya scored 61 off just 22 deliveries before being run out by South Africa skipper Temba Bavuma.
- Suryakumar also became the third-fastest Indian to reach 1000 runs in T20Is.
- The 32-year-old batter reached the four-figure mark in the shortest format of the game in his 31st innings.
After Harsha Bhogle jokingly asked Rohit what he was doing to help Suryakumar Yadav retain his purple patch form? The Indian captain made a hilarious remark, saying he was thinking of not playing the star batter until October 23.
” I’m thinking of not playing Surya till the 23rd to keep his form (laughs),” Rohit said during the Post Match Conference.
Notably, India will kick start its T20 World Cup against arch-rivals Pakistan on October 23 at the MCG.
Follow IND vs SA & ICC T20 World CUP Live Updates with InsideSport.IN.