Police hit obstacle in hunt for A-League pitch invaders – as new images of alleged hooligans emerge

nike promo web

new balance
free keto book

Police in Victoria are actively looking to track down Melbourne Victory marshals from AAMI Park last Saturday in a bid to identify more figures involved in the mayhem stemming from the A-League derby.

While 13 alleged soccer hooligans have been charged so far, further vision is being examined as part of Operation Astute.

All the Victory marshals are game-day volunteers – and officers hope they can help pinpoint alleged offenders who are yet to come forward.

Fresh video showing louts throwing trolleys and buckets at the height of the chaos is also in the hands of police.

And in a breaking development, Football Australia (FA) on Thursday announced they have issued eight more bans to unruly spectators after working with Victoria Police this week.

A man identified as ‘Bucket Man’ has received a lifetime ban from Football Australia and will face court next year

Pictured is one of the men Victoria Police want to talk to after he entered the field at AAMI Park last Saturday

Pictured is one of the men Victoria Police want to talk to after he entered the field at AAMI Park last Saturday

The bans from FA range from five to 20 years and are effective immediately.

Ten people have now been banned from attending or participating in football for various lengths of time after 150 spectators stormed the AAMI Park pitch on Saturday night, forcing the abandonment of the match between Victory and local rivals Melbourne City.

See also  Switzerland v Spain, Portugal v Czech Republic: Nations League – live! | Nations League

Two men received 20-year bans, another was barred for 15 years, and four men and one woman each received a five-year ban.

Offences across the eight people related to entering the pitch, conduct that either harmed or could harm or endanger others, causing damage to the venue or throwing a projectile/missile “in a dangerous manner”.

The fans are banned from attending all Football Australia-sanctioned football matches, including A-Leagues, Australia Cup, NPL and national team games.

So far 13 people have been arrested and been issued court notices - police are hopeful of arresting more (pictured, another man believed to be in the sights of police)

So far 13 people have been arrested and been issued court notices – police are hopeful of arresting more (pictured, another man believed to be in the sights of police)

They also can no longer register as football participants.

Football Australia (FA) intend to provide an update on Victory’s sanctions on Friday.

FA boss James Johnson said the actions of ‘these non-football fans’ cast a dark cloud over the world game on Australian shores

‘As promised to the Australian football community and wider public, Football Australia has taken swift and decisive action against those who have brought our game into disrepute by their conduct during the Melbourne derby,’ he said.

See also  Matt Doherty admits Tottenham are conceding too many 'sloppy' goals from set-pieces

‘Football Australia will continue to work with Victoria Police and the venue to identify other guilty parties and rid our game of such people.’ 

On Monday, police charged a man, 23, who they allege is ‘Bucket Man’ not long after he reported to his local station.

This man is another figure Victoria Police would like to speak to

This man is another figure Victoria Police would like to speak to 

He will face the Melbourne Magistrates Court in February and police will allege he was part of the pack that surged onto the pitch and attacked Melbourne City goalkeeper Tom Glover.

The 24-year-old shot-stopper was left concussed after the shocking incident which generated unwanted global headlines.

Two teenagers, aged 18 and 19, have also been charged with assaulting Glover.

Additionally, a further nine pitch invaders – all aged between 18 and 29 – were charged with offences including violent disorder, criminal damage, lighting flares, public nuisance and riotous behaviour.

Aside from their FA sanctions, they will face court in February. 

Additionally, a 17-year-old boy was charged on summons with reckless conduct endangering serious injury and discharging a lit distress signal after a Channel 10 cameraman was hit by a flare.

Tom Glover of Melbourne City was escorted from the pitch by concerned team mates after fans stormed the pitch last weekend during the derby

See also  Punjab FC win over Aizawl FC 4-3

Tom Glover of Melbourne City was escorted from the pitch by concerned team mates after fans stormed the pitch last weekend during the derby

Police say at least 50 flares were thrown from the stands at AAMI Park on Saturday. Pictured is one of the new photos released by Victoria Police

Police say at least 50 flares were thrown from the stands at AAMI Park on Saturday. Pictured is one of the new photos released by Victoria Police

APL boss Danny Townsend is not a popular figure with many football fans after his recent Sydney grand final announcement

APL boss Danny Townsend is not a popular figure with many football fans after his recent Sydney grand final announcement 

Referee Alex King was hit by the flying bucket, with two security guards also injured.

About $150,000 worth of damage was caused at AAMI Park and about 80 flares or fireworks were set off, according to police.

Officers will also allege poles and bottles were thrown in their direction when they responded to the chaos as it unfolded.

Premier Daniel Andrews warned earlier this week the ‘cowardly’ pitch invaders yet to hand themselves in will be subjected to the full force of the law. 

nike promo web

anti radiation
new balance


Source link

crypto quantum