Manchester United winger Antony’s latest ‘abuse’ accuser claims he could have KILLED her in his alleged assault – and accuses ‘desperate’ star of using ‘deep pockets to manipulate things’

new balance


Man United winger Antony’s latest accuser has claimed he ‘could have killed her’ after accusing him of pushing her against a wall. 

Bank worker Ingrid Lana, 33, had already been named as one of the striker’s three accusers after DJ and influencer Gabriela Cavallin said he had assaulted her on four occasions.

The 23-year-old footballer has agreed to a leave of absence from the Premier League club to give him time to defend himself against the claims,

Antony, who has not been arrested or charged but is facing separate UK and Brazilian police investigations, responded to a TV interview Ingrid gave in their homeland on Sunday by calling her a fraudster and sharing private WhatsApp messages between the two of them to try to prove she was lying.

Overnight Lana upped her attack on the Brazilian international by claiming she could have died in the assault she alleges happened in Manchester in September last year – calling him ‘a liar’ and ‘desperate’ and accusing him of fabricating the texts.

Antony has denied any wrongdoing. 

Man United winger Antony's (right) accuser Ingrid Lana (left) has claimed the Brazilian 'could have killed her after accusing him of pushing her into a wall

Antony leaked alleged Whatsapp messages and claimed they had a 'consensual' meeting

Man United winger Antony’s (right) accuser Ingrid Lana (left) has claimed the Brazilian ‘could have killed her after accusing him of pushing her into a wall 

The Brazil and Manchester United winger published four screengrabs of a conversation - supposedly with Lana - as he hit back at her accusations

The Brazil and Manchester United winger published four screengrabs of a conversation – supposedly with Lana – as he hit back at her accusations 

Saying she was spurred into agreeing to her interview on Record TV’s Domingo Espetacular show after seeing photos Gabriela published of the injuries she claims were caused by Antony, Lana said on social media of her own alleged assault: ‘It was a little push but it could have made you hit your head, hit the back of your head and die.’

She added: ‘Let him continue with his lies. He has deep pockets and is going to manipulate things, because he’s afraid and desperate.’

See also  Milan make obvious transfer decision on ex-Chelsea flops

Ingrid also claimed an aide of Antony’s had called her ‘begging her to stay on his side and saying loads of things to convince her Gabriela was lying.’

She added in a series of selfie videos she posted on her Instagram: ‘Even though money buys many things in the world, divine justice prevails.

‘I’m not the first woman accusing him, I’m now the third woman saying he assaulted her.

‘I would never lie about something so serious, especially knowing that he has deeper pockets than I do.

In another Instagram post, Antony wrote: 'I don't want to but I'm being forced to publish a small part of the WhatsApp conversations with Ingrid, which demonstrates that we only had a single meeting, intimate and consensual. 'This matter with this fraudster will be resolved in court!!'

In another Instagram post, Antony wrote: ‘I don’t want to but I’m being forced to publish a small part of the WhatsApp conversations with Ingrid, which demonstrates that we only had a single meeting, intimate and consensual. ‘This matter with this fraudster will be resolved in court!!’

Lana, a 33-year-old banker, called Antony a 'liar' and 'desperate', claiming he had fabricated leaked text messages

Lana, a 33-year-old banker, called Antony a ‘liar’ and ‘desperate’, claiming he had fabricated leaked text messages

‘I’m on the side of women. After seeing the photos Gabriela posted, I decided to change sides because I saw Antony was lying.

‘I remember how he treated me, when I went to speak about business with him and he confused things.

‘I remember also how he spoke about Gabi and also how his advisor spoke about her, with hate, as if that woman was a monster.

‘I have never asked anyone for money, I have never received anything from anyone for doing interviews.’

Taking a dig at those who are siding with Antony, she added: ‘For all the sexists out there, the people who like to judge others without knowing the truth, who side with s****y men and who are fanatical about players instead of championing doctors and other people who really save lives.

‘I am not looking for fame, I’m not after income or a place in Big Brother.

‘My true goal is to fight in favour of women and the truth.’

See also  Nagelsmann is the right choice but the Germany manager is paid too much | Germany

After the latest allegation from Lana, Antony sought to clarify what happened during their encounter by publishing texts he claims they had shared, including one where the person messaging him tells him ‘if you want I’ll wait in bed naked’.

The DJ and influencer Gabriela Cavallin has made several allegations against Man United star

The DJ and influencer Gabriela Cavallin has made several allegations against Man United star

Posting the texts on his Instagram, he called his accuser ‘a fraudster’, adding: ‘I don’t want to but I’m being forced to publish a small part of the WhatsApp conversations with Ingrid, which demonstrates that we only had a single meeting, intimate and consensual.

‘This matter with this fraudster will be resolved in court!!’ 

Rayssa de Freitas has been named in Brazil as the other woman who has accused Antony of assault.

He was dropped by the Brazilian squad when Gabriela Cavallin’s claims came to light before it emerged he would be delaying his return to Manchester United by mutual agreement to focus on trying to clear his name.

In a statement to Brazilian news outlet Globo, Antony said: ‘I was chatting with Ingrid via WhatsApp. When she went to Portugal to go to her cousin’s birthday, she asked to come here to Manchester to meet me, with the clear intention of meeting me intimately, including asking me if I preferred red or white lingerie.

‘I bought a ticket and booked a hotel for her. In fact, I met her at the aforementioned hotel and we had an intimate and consensual encounter.

Antony is facing allegations of domestic abuse but has not been arrested or charged and has maintained he has done nothing wrong

Antony is facing allegations of domestic abuse but has not been arrested or charged and has maintained he has done nothing wrong

‘Although she insisted that we meet again for another intimate encounter, due to scheduling issues I was unable to see her again, as she returned to Brazil. Since then, I have never met her again.

See also  Jorge Mendes 'surprised' by Mourinho's sacking but Roma contract talks 'never' started

‘All of this that I narrate now is undoubtedly proven in WhatsApp messages, which I just do not publish in full to preserve the right to privacy. 

‘However, I will make available the appropriate channels, if necessary, to prove my innocence, as well as to propose the competent reparatory action and request for investigation.’

United announced on Sunday that Antony will stay away from the club until further notice. He has not been suspended but placed on a leave of absence on full pay to give him time to defend himself against the claims.

The club’s decision, which follows discussions between chief executive Richard Arnold and manager Erik ten Hag, comes in the wake of Brazil’s decision to drop Antony from their squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Bolivia and Peru on Monday night. 

Brazil dropped Antony from their squad for their World Cup qualifiers against Bolivia and Peru

Brazil dropped Antony from their squad for their World Cup qualifiers against Bolivia and Peru  

A statement read: ‘Manchester United acknowledges the allegations made against Antony. Players who have not participated in international matches are due back in training on Monday.

‘However, it has been agreed with Antony that he will delay his return until further notice in order to address the allegations.

‘As a club we condemn acts of violence and abuse. We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation, and acknowledge the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse.’

The player said: ‘I have agreed with Manchester United to take a period of absence while I address the allegations made against me.

‘This was a mutual decision to avoid distraction to my teammates and unnecessary controversy for the club.

‘I want to reiterate my innocence of the things I have been accused of, and I will fully cooperate with the police to help them reach the truth. I look forward to returning to play as soon as possible.’

new balance



Source link