Manchester United give Antony leave of absence to address allegations against him | Manchester United

new balance


Manchester United winger Antony has been allowed a leave of absence in order to address allegations made against him of violence towards three women.

The 23-year-old was dropped from the Brazil squad last week after accusations of physical aggression on a number of occasions since January towards his former girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin, which are being investigated by police in Greater Manchester and which he denies. Last week further allegations of assault were made against him by two more women, which he vehemently denied in an interview on Brazilian TV.

United have agreed with the player for him to stay away from the club to avoid distraction while he addresses the allegations against him. Antony has not been arrested or charged and says he will co-operate with police in order to prove his innocence.

See also  Jordan Henderson DID move to Saudi Arabia 'for the money' insists Chris Sutton... who questions if he could 'stomach the fight for his place' against Liverpool's new signings on preview show 'It's All Coming Up'

United said in a statement: “Manchester United acknowledges the allegations made against Antony.

United said in a statement: “Manchester United acknowledges the allegations made against Antony. Players who have not participated in international matches are due back in training on Monday. However, it has been agreed with Antony that he will delay his return until further notice in order to address the allegations.

“As a club we condemn acts of violence and abuse. We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation, and acknowledge the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse.”

United, who have not suspended Antony, will continue to monitor the situation as it develops, with Erik ten Hag consulted on the decision.

See also  Gravenberch grabs first Liverpool goal in fuss-free win over Union Saint-Gilloise | Europa League

“I have agreed with Manchester United to take a period of absence while I address the allegations made against me,” Antony said in a statement. “This was a mutual decision to avoid distraction to my team-mates and unnecessary controversy for the club. I want to reiterate my innocence of the things I have been accused of, and I will fully cooperate with the police to help them reach the truth. I look forward to returning to play as soon as possible.”

new balance



Source link