IPL 2023 Auction LIVE – IPL Brand Valuation Report: Ahead of IPL Auction in Kochi on Friday, great news is coming in…
IPL 2023 Auction LIVE – IPL Brand Valuation Report: Ahead of IPL Auction in Kochi on Friday, great news is coming in for BRAND IPL. According to a report, value of the Indian Premier League (IPL) ecosystem has touched almost $11 billion ($10. 9 BN) in 2022. According to a report released by D & P Advisory firm, IPL now is a ‘Dearcorn’. A business is called a decacorn when its value crosses $10 billion: Watch IPL Auction LIVE Streaming on Jio Cinema & Follow LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN
BCCI Apex Council Meeting: Big DECISION DAY today for BCCI as top brass meets VIRTUALLY at 11 AM to decide…
IPL 2023 Auction: IPL GC to meet franchises on Thursday, IPL teams expect…
IPL 2023 LIVE Broadcast: Before IPL 2023 Season 16, Disney Star Sports to…
IPL 2023: Ahead of IPL Auction, Report claims value of Indian Premier League touches almost $11 billion in 2022: Check OUT
Why IPL Valuation has jumped 100%? The league was valued at $6.2Billion in 2020. Since than valuation for both the league as well as the teams has doubled according to the report titled ‘Beyond 22 Yards’. Reason, MULTI BILLION Dollar media rights deal & better than expected sale of two new franchises.
- The IPL Media Rights deal was sealed at US$6.2bn for the 2023 to 2027 cycle. This was more than 100% increar in comparison to the previous cycle.
- Disney Star had bagged the IPL TV rights for 23,575 crore while Viacom18 acquired the digital rights for 23,758 crore. This was the first time the IPL media rights got split between two different rights holders.
- Other than this two new IPL Teams i.e Gujarat Titans and Lucknow SuperGiants were sold at a combined value of $1. 6 billion in October last year. The values fetched were more than anyone could have imagined.
- The value of two new IPL Teams was almost 6-7 times more than last sold teams by the BCCI.
- Other factors for increase in the valuation included – increase in the number of matches from 74 to 94 in the next cycle.
- The newly signed central sponsorship deals, higher ticketsales, and in-stadia revenue also contributed to MIND BOGGLING valuation of IPL.
How the valuation for IPL has been arrived? According to a report by ET, The D & P India Advisory Services has arrived at this value by discounted cash flow (DCF) method for valuation.
Watch IPL Auction LIVE Streaming on Jio Cinema & Follow LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN