Cristiano Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes ‘offers the exiled Manchester United star to rivals Chelsea, Arsenal and Newcastle’ ahead of the January transfer window… but clubs ‘are worried about the wider impact his arrival could have’
- Ronaldo’s advisors have sounded out potential options in England for the star
- The forward is currently exiled from Manchester United’s first-team squad
- His outburst against Tottenham has seen him be isolated with the Under 21s
- Chelsea, Arsenal and Newcastle are all options for the Portuguese forward
Cristiano Ronaldo’s advisors have reportedly sounded out a number of Premier League clubs interested in signing the Manchester United star.
The Portuguese international is currently exiled from the first-team squad after his outburst against Tottenham saw him get banned from training by United boss Erik ten Hag.
With Ronaldo eager to get back out onto the pitch, his team have identified a number of potential suitors – though Premier League clubs are now starting to see the superstar as ‘too risky’ to sign.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s advisors have sounded out a number of potential options for the superstar
Premier League rivals Chelsea and Arsenal are said to be exploring the option of signing him
According to the Sun, Ronaldo’s advisors had sounded out potential suitors in Premier League clubs Chelsea, Arsenal and Newcastle.
The top flight trio were reportedly interested in signing him but now believe that a move to the sign the superstar would be ‘too risky’ – given his turbulent time at United.
A source told The Sun: ‘Chelsea were interested in Ronaldo over the summer, but he is no longer on their radar. Arsenal and Newcastle realise the quality he would bring in helping them to achieve their ambitions.
‘But both clubs worry about the wider impact his arrival could have on the clubs. The most likely destination now is Italy. Napoli were interested in Ronaldo over the summer and are still keen.
The superstar is currently exiled from Man United’s first-team following a recent outburst
‘Adding him to their squad is a step they believe will help in their aim to remain top of Serie A and to progress through the Champions League,’ the source added.
‘But it will come down to whether the club can match the eye-watering wage demands.’
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner currently earns £360k-a-week at United after his original £480k-a-week deal was cut following their failure to qualify for the Champions League last season.
Whereas Napoli’s highest earner Piotr Zielinski – their 28-year-old Polish midfielder – is only on a weekly salary of £110k-a-week.
Ronaldo could be priced out of a move away from Old Trafford given his extortionate wage
Ronaldo’s circumstances may change when he meets Erik ten Hag arrived at Carrington for showdown talks on Tuesday morning – as they look to draw a line under the Portuguese superstar’s ongoing exile.
The 37-year-old has been training alone since being banished from the first team squad after refusing to come on as a substitute against Tottenham last week.
He rejected a request to go on with five minutes to go and stormed down the tunnel at Old Trafford before the full-time whistle during their 2-0 win over Antonio Conte’s side on Wednesday.
Ronaldo and manager Erik ten Hag are holding their crisis clear-the-air talks on Tuesday